NCEA Level 3 Physical Education
Teacher in Charge: Mr D. Findlay
Through this course you should begin to understand the bio-physical principles that influence physical involvement, and the socio-cultural factors that impact on people’s physical activity.
This course aims to:
· develop a knowledge and understanding of the principles that influence acquisition and performance of physical skills.
· examine relationships between physical activity, lifestyle and well being.
· provide opportunities for students to develop personal and social skills and attitudes that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
· have a strong emphasis on learning through participation in a variety of physical activities.
· emphasise the acquisition and development of physical skills.
· study the appraisal of physical performance
· examine leadership principles in relationship to physical activity
Recommended Prior Learning
Achievement of 12 credits in any Level 2 course. Approval by the HOF or the Teacher in Charge of the Level 3 course.
Course costs: There will be costs involved in some of the practical components of this course. Including Professional instruction and the Rock Climbing Expedition, cost of approximately - $170.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
This course is approved for University Entrance.
Total Credits Available: 15 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 15
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.