NCEA Level 2 Sports Leadership and Performance
Teacher in Charge: Ms C. Phillips
This course aims to:
- Promote and develop personal fitness through a 10 week personal fitness unit and participating in a class or group activity.
- Develop leadership skills and gain the confidence to be able to effectively coach/lead students through a variety of settings.
- Enable students to understand basic anatomy and apply it to the performance of sport skills.
- Provide students with the latest techniques/approaches to coaching, based on the new New Zealand coaching framework.
- Enhance students interpersonal skills and promote personal growth and development.
NCEA Level 2
Health and Physical Education
NCEA Level 3 Health Education, NCEA Level 3 Physical Education, NCEA Level 3 Sports Leadership and Performance, NCEA Multi-Level Outdoor Pursuits
Acupuncturist, Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Wall and Floor Tiler, Outdoor Recreation Guide/Instructor, Diver, Sports Coach/Official, Psychiatrist, Early Childhood Teacher, Professional Sportsperson, Groundsperson, Horse Trainer, Primary School Teacher, Physiotherapist, Tertiary Lecturer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Recreation Co-ordinator, Youth Worker, Secondary School Teacher
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery