Teacher in Charge: Mr S. MannersRecommended Prior Learning
Course costs: There will be costs involved in some of the practical components of this course. Including Professional instruction and the Rock Climbing Expedition, cost of approximately - $170.00
Through this practical course you should begin to understand the bio-physical principles that influence physical involvement, and the socio-cultural factors that impact on people’s physical activity. The highlight is an overnight Climbing Trip with instruction and accommodation to Castle Hill and two days with instruction at the YMCA Climbing Venue. It also includes a Disc Golf Unit, with professional instruction and your own disc to practice with. We offer 15 credits including UE, Literacy and Numeracy.
This course aims to:
· develop a knowledge and understanding of the principles that influence acquisition and performance of physical skills.
· examine relationships between physical activity, lifestyle and well being.
· provide opportunities for students to develop personal and social skills and attitudes that contribute to a healthy lifestyle.
· have a strong emphasis on learning through participation in a variety of physical activities.
· emphasise the acquisition and development of physical skills.
· study the appraisal of physical performance
· examine leadership principles in relationship to physical activity
Acupuncturist, Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Wall and Floor Tiler, Outdoor Recreation Guide/Instructor, Diver, Sports Coach/Official, Psychiatrist, Early Childhood Teacher, Professional Sportsperson, Groundsperson, Horse Trainer, Primary School Teacher, Physiotherapist, Tertiary Lecturer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Recreation Co-ordinator, Youth Worker, Secondary School Teacher