Year 10 Digital Technologies
Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Creighton
Students are introduced to a range of skills and knowledges across a range of Digital Technologies and will apply them to a personal project. Assessment is related directly to the evidence produced by a student while completing a project. Students are encouraged to help each other with learning technical skills, and will prepare them for courses in senior classes.
Areas covered are:
- Coding in Python
- Information Management
- Spreadsheets/Database (SQL)
- Collaborative documents and advanced Google Drive
- Graphic Design
- 3D Modelling and Printing
- Laser cutting
- Motion Graphics
- Web design
- Video editing
- Game Development
- Independent Study (Project Management)
Students will develop a wider skill set in:
- Project management and communication skills
- Problem solving individually and in teams
- creative expression
- algorithmic/computational thinking
- establishing fundamental digital skills (specialist language symbols and texts)
This is a Year 10 optional course.
tudents have access to Laser cutters, 3d Printers and CNC machining.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There will be an approximate $25.00 cost for consumables used in the course.