Year 10 Electronics Technology
In this course students will learn basic electronic concepts and how to design and build electronic equipment by looking at all aspects of the design, build and testing processes.
Students will learn:
- Electronic concepts
- Electronic components and their uses
- 3D printing, laser cutting and other fabrication technologies
- How to design, build and test simple circuits
- How to modify existing equipment to suit a new role
- Microcontrollers and their uses
- Basic programming
- Solder on prototype boards and PCB’s.
Electronics is widely used in information processing, telecommunications, and signal processing systems. The design and construction of electronic circuits to solve practical problems is the basis of electronics engineering.
This is a Year 10 optional course.
The electronics lab provides a separate dedicated Electronics Lab
Students have access to Laser cutters, 3d Printers and CNC machining.
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
There is an approximate cost of $50 that covers all take home materials for projects. Students must supply their own stationery items and batteries.
Burnside High School may change any costs, courses or standards offered without notice.