Year 9 Textiles Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mr N. Sandes
Textiles Technology is a study that will enable students to:
- Explore decorative techniques
- Design a creative textile outcome that addresses a brief
- Learn to use a range of tools and machines and work with fabric in a creative way
- Gain confidence in sewing pyjamas for themselves or a family member
- Begin to understand the different properties of fabric
Why this subject?
In Textiles Technology, students will be inspired by a project based course that contains a practical component where students will learn to think critically and creatively. Students will first learn basic sewing skills and develop confidence by sewing basic garments before exploring more advanced creative techniques.
Textiles Technology continues in Year 10 and beyond. There are future career opportunities in all fields of fashion, design and textile related industries.
*No prior experience required
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Approximately $20.00 for black and white thread, elastic, applied design media, cushion fabric, interfacing, calico for samples that the school provides.
Students must also provide their own fabric to make pyjamas and some basic sewing equipment.